Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Adult Contemporary Bliss

As Kevin (aka uberGeek) has been espousing, we're going to be seeing a bit of "Fire" and "Rain" in less than 48 hours. Sitting on the lawn, enjoying the glory that is James Taylor. Man, is it going to be sweet. Hessels, buddy, wish you were going to be here. You can expect a phone call if James should "Slap Leather" (you'll probably get one anyway, but especially if said song is played).

Also, I've secured tickets to see Sufjan Stevens in September. He is touring to promote his second "State" album, "Come on Feel the Illinois" HAHAHAHAHA (this was after his first State album, "Greetings from Michigan", undoubtedly the best Indie Christian Folk album to come out since Reagan). Hessels' bro is coming with me.

Plus, Coldplay on August 2nd. David Gray is playing on August 1st, but I don't think I can make it. Rufus Wainwright and Ben Folds are August 9th. Matt Barber is in and around for the next month promoting his new album, "". I'm just waiting for Mark Kozelek to come to Toronto... then my schedule will be complete.

Seeing as the plan for the "Summer of Promiscuous Sex" appears to be taking a header off the 56th story, I guess the "Summer of Fan-fucking-tastic music" is going to be the new mantra.

Booyeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home