Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Face Off

Following in the footsteps of Michelle, I have tried to maintain a distance from this blog while at school (I'm trying to get my manuscript done in the next couple of weeks...why the hell would I take a break from writing to write more?). But sometimes stories must be relayed while they are still fresh.

I went out for a movie last night with Hessel's bro. We went to see "Africa, I Will Fleece You", a sub-titled documentary about the political and cultural history of Cameroon. It was a very good film that got me thinking (I'll post that later though). When I told Hessels I saw him, she asked me if he told the following story:

So Hessel's bro was walking in Yorkville a while ago (the to-be place in Toronto if you want to spot celebrities that may be passing through our fair city...Hemingway's is apparently Russell Crowe's favorite joint). He walked by a table of girls who all started screaming and pointing and oh-my-godding (Hessel's term). He turns around to see what this mania is directed towards... turns out, its him. Apparently, they thought they had just spotted Nicholas Cage walking through the Yorkville streets. I would post a picture of him to demonstrate how much he DOES look like Nicholas Cage, but seeing as I don't actually have permission to blog this story, I don't feel it would be prudent for me to post even more personal info.

Hee Hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home