Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Maddy: Account Two

Friday night. Maddy. Nicole Conrad's in town. All of these factors come together and culminate in one hell of an entrance into the second last weekend of June.

Kevin has already blogged about the evening, but apparently we all must recount our impressions of our drunken haze. The following would be MY combination of thoughts on the evening...

1. Overhaulin' IS better than Pimp my Ride. And that's saying a lot... Pimp my Ride is pretty good. But in Overhaulin' they fuck with you. And fuckin' with people is what life is all about.

2. When I introduce Nicole Conrad as Nicole Conrad, people are polite and congenial. When I introduce Nicole Conrad as Drunk Nikie, instant recognition flashes into their eyes, and stories that I have recounted about years past are recalled. I do have to say though... Professor Drunk Nikie is much different from Grad Student Drunk Nikie: Professor Drunk Nikie doesn't yell at me (as much), and seems much less in control of her motor faculties.

3. An "isobaric distension stimuli" should be an "isobaric distension stimulus" or multiple "isobaric distension stimuli". Now I'm just being ornery.

4. There are WAY to many thin blonde 20-something year olds who don't know how to hold their alchohol. Or maybe they are bulimic. Either way I heard way too much wretching the the washroom.

5. Even when you sit in the corner of the bar, for some reason every single goddamn person has to squeeze through to get somewhere. And their politeness is perfectly inversely correlated with the amount of hair product that they use.

6. Rugby is a bitchin' sport. After the Maddy, Chris, Michelle and I went to watch a rugby game at Skalliwags (at 3am... and there was at least a hundred Brits and Kiwis there). I have never watched the sport. Luckily, Chris did not seem to annoyed at the multiple questions re: rules throughout the game. What I like about it: I can see how American Football evolved from Rugby... and I love American Football. But Rugby has ALL the great things about American Football, but adds the offensive excitement and continuity that is present in sports like hockey or basketball. I'm looking forward to watching a game sober.

Got home by 5:15 am, and got up at 6 pm Saturday. To go out again. I'll blog that tomorrow. I'm so behind on this damned thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cleavers said...

I would have corrected also except I don't have the foggiest as to what it means and as I have to preserve this air of omniscience, I figured I'd keep shtum.

Damn, I'm blogging at work again.....

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home