Friday, June 10, 2005

My Very First Physiotherapy Appointment

If I forgot to mention it: it turns out that the whole "Jumping into Nancy Kanwisher's Boat" incident resulted in a complete tear of my ACL. Complete. No ligament no longer. To start rehabilitating the damn thing, I went to my very first physiotherapy appointment this morning. And this was when I realized that one should ALWAYS shave ones legs (in the words of Gord) Fully Completely.

Damn, my physiotherapist is cute.

I had the foresight to wear shorts today, as I figured that someone would need to look at my swollen knee. But I forgot to shave the upper part of my legs. Really, it's a waste of time 99% of the time, as I wear pants or capris 99% of the time. Little did I realize that physiotherapy involved the amount of personal contact that it does. In fact, there was even some light massage (tight hamstrings from limping for the last month). Completely embarrassing.

We had a lovely conversation though (so what if it was mainly regarding my level of activity and he was wearing a wedding ring?). I am now booked to see him twice a week for the next few months. Shucks. My new Mantra: shave full legs regardless of planned activities for the day.

Unfortunately, I now also must consider surgery. Physiotherapist seems to think I should do it. I'm starting to think I might have to as well, if I want to maintain my sanity. Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home