Monday, June 13, 2005

Three Brief Thoughts...

I haven't been good at keeping up with this blogging thing. That is because I have lost the battery power supply for my digital camera, and events don't seem nearly as entertaining unless I have the accompanying photography. However, since I realize that people ARE actually reading this (thanks for all the well wishes regarding my knee!), I will try and be more diligent. Here are three ephemeral points:

1. Back to the knee: the damn thing clicks everytime I walk up stairs. All I can think about is the physiotherapist telling me that without the ACL, the two bones will just keep rubbing together. I have decided to have the surgery.

2. I have steadfastly maintained for the past 3 years that one of my five deserted-island CDs would be Parachutes-Coldplay (the other four being Led Zeppelin III-Led Zeppelin, Fully Completely-Tragically Hip, Greatest Hits Vol.3-John Denver, and Room for Squares-John Mayer). There is a good chance that this may be replaced by Coldplay's new album, X&Y. I've only had it a week, but what a fantastically brilliant album. Fuck what the critics say.

3. A great example of why I love living in this city (and by extension this country). Just got back from having a couple of pints with Vik down at the Pour House (by Dupont subway station). When we tried grabbing the subway back, there was no-one at the token booth. Vik spent a couple of minutes trying to hunt down a token dispenser so she could buy a ticket (I had my pass). I walked up to the booth and saw a sign: "Back In a Minute: Please Dispense Money for Access". I called her over to put her money in. She could have SO EASILY walked through without paying. And its not because she was honest that my nationalism swelled (I like to think that I hang with honest people...except maybe you Tsang), but because the three people behind her also dispensed the required $2.50 for the TTC. Damn we're an honest people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home