Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Feel Like McShit

I vowed several years ago (after reading Fast Food Nation in2002 as a matter of fact) that I would never, ever eat at McDonald's again. This has been a hard and fast rule (except for 6+ hour road trips and ONLY for breakfast), until tonight. I had to break down and buy some Mickey D's.

Unfortunately, I just spent the evening in the Emergency Room with a friend of mine. Now, it seems that she is going to be OK (and I'm going to feel like an even BIGGER ass if she isn't), as she got her appetite back around 8:00 pm. Her husband and I of course ask "Well, what would you like to eat?" Her response, "A Quarter Pounder."

I realized around the same time that I had forgotten to eat today. Anything. Only coffee. So I realized I was going to have to eat as well. And this is one of those situations where you just don't trump her request... she's been sitting in the Emergency Room all day. It would kind of be like telling someone on death row they weren't allowed to request fried chicken for their final dinner.

So off to McDonald's we go. I can handle it, I think.

I got the McChicken Sandwich. With Fries. And I ate the whole darned thing.

I feel like absolute pants. Ass, if you will. I've felt like vomiting since 9 (its past midnight now). How do people eat this shit? How in the hell did Morgan Spurlock get through a month? These questions (along with a hefty helping of triglycerides) have been racing through my mind for several hours.

Message to the Surgeon General: Fuck the anti-smoking and drinking warnings. McDonald's is what's going to kill you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home