Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Lifetime in A Morning...

It feels like I've lived through an entire year since this morning. Shit always seems to happen all at once, doesn't it? Of course, coming in to find that the Underground has been bombed is never a nice way to start off the day. Everyone who I have talked to, however, does not appear to have anyone lost in the tragedy. Ryan is fine, as are all of his friends. Not that there was a big chance he could have been there... but then when something like this happens you are always reminded of how small the world really is.

Then I heard from my friend's husband... turns out she may not be OK either. The MRI came back abnormal, and consistent with a substantial neurological disorder. That's not good.

But on a good news front... one of my friends/labmates just got engaged! And she was only dating the guy for 3 weeks. See mom? There's hope for me yet!

All topped off with a 2.5 hour lab meeting that resulted in me having to get an fMRI experiment running for 2 weeks today. How in the hell am I going to get that done? Especially when I'm in Montreal for 5 of those days?

Its been a day that things have been put in serious perspective however, and I'm not going to stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home