Friday, July 22, 2005

Multiple Chinese Authors

Well, Lynne and I are sitting in Avonton and waiting for Aimee to arrive. Eva has made us supper, and there is a small chance we may check out the beer tent (i.e. St. Marys fair) this evening. Should be fun. We decided to bring the Turbo Shandy experience to rural Southwestern Ontario... Don's reaction was "huh...tastes like beer". Eva said she was off drinking... except for Scotch and water (?)

Today was the LAST DAY OF TALKS THAT I HAVE TO GOTO IN A LONG TIME. Brilliant. It is also the first day of my "vacation" (where vacation includes 3 days of 0-G testing and then driving to Hamifax).

The funniest line from today came from my British friend Dan. One of the speakers was talking about the "problem" of multiple authorships, especially in the biomedical and physical sciences. He put up a pubmed paper example. It was a Chinese group and the paper had something to do with electron physics. There were 60+ authors, many of which shared the same last name. Dan's whispered comment:

"That's a lo' o' Wangs"

I had the giggles for at least half an hour after. I'm 30+, and I am officially referred to as "Dr. Anderson". Will there EVER be a day where I will no longer giggle hysterically in talks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home