Monday, July 04, 2005

My Physiotherapy

Today was my second-to-last appointment with my physiotherapist... next Wednesday he moves to Nova Scotia (sigh). I think I'm going to recommend to Nikie and Hessels that they strategically damage a joint or something so that they can make an appointment.

So, I'm not sure if its his idea of a sick joke or something, but today I got the weirdest exercise yet. Up until this point, my quad strengthening exercises have been normal... wall squats, curls, leg presses and the like. Things that I can go into the gym and do myself.

After my massage today though, he was excited to show me my *new* balance excercise. This involved:
a) a balance board
b) a trampoline, and
c) a small medicine ball
My first reaction: Whafuck?

The exercise involved standing on ONE LEG on the balance board (not an easy task in and of itself), throwing the ball into the trampoline (which was tilted at a 45deg angle) and then catching it. I'm not quite sure why the ball throwing is involved... seems like a bit of a sick joke really. I was able to pick it up pretty quickly, but for someone who is not used to catching a ball I'm sure that this little exercise would be quite emotionally damaging.

And Kevin, where were you today? My Nonlinear Dynamics experience didn't feel complete (i.e. I didn't have anyone to copy notes from in the back row). I felt so lost and alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home