Thursday, July 14, 2005

Roadtrips and Pachyderms

You know how you go on a roadtrip and end up with a bunch of "in-jokes" that get lost because they get forgotten? God Bless blogging. Here would be a few of the key quotes from our day of driving from the T-dot to Frenchland (note: some quotes will be explained, but others would be lost in translation):

a) "I've got to wash my skanky hand, and get pie" (Honey, 2005).
b) "I'm not getting on your fucking fruit boat" (Skye, 2005: after seeing a sign with an (obvious) basket, which Aimee interpreted as being a boat).
c) "I believe I'm going to call in to work fat tomorrow".
d) "Are the meat sweats like the cod sweats?" (Pete, 2005 (He's a Newfie))

Good times.

It's 3:00, back from the bar after a bunch of "Turbo Shandys". Those went over REAL well with the folks. I thought Pete and Lynne were being sarcastic when they BOTH said "This is the best fucking thing I've had in my life." Turns out, not sarcastic. Several Smirnoffs were purchased after my initial request.

We've also decided to go for a tattoo run. The others have several. I do not. Will I finally have the tattoo that I've been hankering for after this conference trip? Stay tuned to find out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cleavers said...

Don't, they are the juice of the devil. You do things that you would never normally do when sober and then don't remember them the next morning.......

It's a slippery path...

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home