Thursday, July 14, 2005

Turns out: the French word for Kiosk...

is kiosk.

Other selected quotes for the evening:

"Pete, You're pissin' out your pores" (Skye, 2005).
"A little less intestinal motility would be good" (Hannah, 2005: after he was asked if he needed anything from waitress)
"The 5 year olds would get cluster-fucked" (Skye, 2005).

See the thing with the turbo shandys is that you have to bring a note pad to write funny shit down when its said.

Man, I've got good pictures to post when I get home.

We ended up at a Irish Pub called "Hurleys" this evening, screaming "Fuck NO!" in a Scottish accent more times than I care to remember. Get a bunch of academics together, the collective IQ becomes that of a 12 year old boy. We ended up playing "Degrees of separation", which was a game we started in graduate school. The goal is to link two actors together through other actors that each has worked with in another movie.

Example: Link Morgan Freeman with Christian Slater.
(ans: Morgan and Brad Pitt (Seven)-- Brad and Christian (True Romance)

We got the best possible link so far: I pose this challenge to you:

Link Whoopi Goldberg with Russell Crowe.

This one took us about an hour and a half.

Oh, and I had my poster today. It was really uneventful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoopi (with Demi Moore: Ghost)
Demi (with Tom Cruise: Few Good Men)
Tom (with Nicole Kidman: Days Thunder)
Nicole (with Renee Zellwegger: Cold Mtn)
Renee (with Russell Crowe: Cinderella Man)

Not the shortest link likely, but done in ~10 minutes.

Isn't this the Kevin Bacon game?

6:08 AM  
Blogger Cleavers said...

Ooh, look at DrL (now officially LMD - look at my current post), showing off and all.

You'd better be ready to beat up the 12 year olds this evening fella

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So while reading a medical journal (obviously diligently), I realized I could shorten the link between Tom and Renee by using Jerry McGuire. Yes, I'm a loser, baby.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Anderson said...

Brava my friend, brava.

You have impressed many a psychologist.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home