Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Full Weekend in Toronto!

I've spent a full weekend in Toronto for the first time since the July 1st long weekend. While I thought I might get restless, I have instead spent my time getting reacquainted with the city, my apartment, my TV, and Eek. Eek is especially happy because she now has someone to sit her fat-ass on all day. Did I mention how fat she is? This may put it in context:

Eek Vs. Guitar

But she's also happy because she has new "hall friends"; Jen and Mark moved in yesterday, and everytime they've popped by, Eek's gotten some lovin' in the hallway. Now she sits at the door wanting to go out because she has learned, in 2 short days, that hallway = petting. What a suck.

I had a fun-packed day yesterday (which started off with me finding a dress for Brett's wedding in under 1/2 an hour, in a store around the corner, that was 75% off... that's my type of shopping!). Met up with Simon at 4 in Kensington market to watch a band in Grafitti's, a great little pub with live music every Saturday afternoos. I've decided that even though Simon may be leaving, we're going to start having "Simon Saturdays" in honour of him. Simon Saturdays will start at 4pm at Graffitti's and will end in the wee hours of the morning singing karaoke at the Duke of Gloucester. Expect an email sometime in September.

From there, we went over to Vicki's for a wonderful Moroccan dinner. Vik got to use phyllo pastry for the first time. She did a great job with the pastry, and made a fantastic tabbouleh for accompaniment. The wine also didn't hurt. Having neighbour friends that cook is likely going to result in an expansion o' me arse... Jen's baking cookies later this week and I'm very excited.

I booked it downtown around 11 to meet up with Stacey and Carrie to go dancing at the Garage. I was pleasantly surprised with the music selection: Guns n' Roses, ACDC, Zeppelin and Run DMC were some of the many nostalgic bands that we got to listen to. Nothing puts me in my happy place faster than a little hard rock. We also saw a chick with hair that would make Medusa turn to stone. It was about 4 times the size of mine (NOT exaggerating...) and teased as all get out. And I don't think she was being ironic. It was creepy.

All in all, a fun and relaxing Saturday. Today has been spent doing very little. Talked to Brett briefly; seems that wedding plans are coming together in a neat little package. I also got a bit more of the skinny on you-know-who's situation in the something something. Poor kid. I don't envy him.

I have a craving for jello right now, so I may have to do something about that.

And Becky has introduced more pictures of Ryan on her blog. Check them out. All Ryan, all the time.

Game's a Good 'Un.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cleavers said...

Who's the 'you-know-who' and the 'something something'?

Man, I hate being out of the loop..... ;-)

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The you-know who at the something something is similar to the "he who shall not be named" fandango.....if they are publically named within the infinite internet they-who-shall-not-be-named will pull a yonge mans testicles off.

answer posted anonymously to save myself from the wrath of those who shall not be named - whoever could it be?????

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muprhy's Law: That which can go wrong will go wrong.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Cleavers said...

Ok, feeling way too hungover to decipher the cryptic comments.

And I think you'll find it's 'Job's a good'un', not 'Game's a good'un'.

I told you that you were crap with the whole speaking English thing...... ;-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Anderson said...

Oh you Brits and your effin' "Queen's English". If the job's a good 'un, why can't the game be a good 'un as well?

All these anonymous posts aren't doing anything to help my paranoia of being discovered by you-know-who.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home