Saturday, September 17, 2005

Schmooze and Bono

Michelle dragged me for cheap drinks at a place called Schmooze last night. Probably not a good idea given the obscene amount of drinking that will occur tonight. I have never been in a club like this. There is apparently a dress-code, and one must be 25 to enter. Lots of sparkly, and (this describes it all), the back wall in the bathroom stall is a one-way mirror. On the other side, is a unisex washing area. So while you are sitting on the can, you can turn around and see a guy checking himself out in the mirror (I'm still not completely convinced they can't see you). It was weird.

But, again, drinks were uber-cheap until 11. I went up and got 2 bottles of Heineken and a vodka martini for the tune of 8 dollars. Jesus Christ. So worth it.

After 11 (it really wasn't worth staying if the drinks weren't cheap), we headed off to the Irish Embassy to meet up with LMD, who was front row at the U2 concert. Sounds like it was fabuluous. Now I really wish I had've got tickets to one of the 4 shows they are doing in Toronto.

Now, I wasn't sober last night, so I forgot this little tidbit until just about an hour ago.

Apparently, Bono went to the Irish Embassy for a post show pint, but was told there were too many people and so left.

The bouncer told us this later in the evening. Michelle doesn't believe it (who would turn Bono away?), but I think it was not that he was 'turned away' so much as he was just told that he would be mobbed with people if he entered. And so he went to a quieter location.

How cool would that have been?

And now to get ready for our random Brit Hat party this evening. I think we're looking at 50+ people. I don't think my liver's gonna make it. I expect that I'll have some pretty funny pictures to post tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cleavers said...

Secretly, you loved Schmooze. It's your kind of place, come on, admit it.

Oops, that's me I'm talking about really.....

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home