Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Grumble. And Its Only Tuesday.

In my on/off relationship with the patch, I have had an on/off series of lucid dreams. But as wonderful as those wonderful dreams are, the lucid nightmares are much, much worse. Case in point: last night's nocturnal wanderings. I dreamt that Sandra and Christine were over and we were just hanging out. There was a knock on the door, and in walks my brother. That doesn't sound scary. But the fact that he had just had open heart surgery and left the operating table before he was put back together was a bit disturbing. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "I had to get back to work on my talk. I told them that you were a doctor and you could finish the rest of the job". So I had to reconnect some tissue and wait for the surgeon to make a house call to reattach his breast plate. As this was going on, he realized that he had forgotten a critical piece of tissue back at the hospital. As we were arguing about how to deal with this problem, Christine and Sandra, who had both been looking over my shoulder during the procedure, said "Oh, you Andersons. This would only happen to you."

Then I woke up.

What in the fuck could this mean? Maybe Ryan's going to get married or something.

Now this was 6:00 am. There was a good possibility that I could have gotten back to sleep for another couple of hours shut eye, but alas, it was not to be, as Crazy-Across-The-Hall decided to come out with the birds and start screaming again. At 6. In the fucking morning. It was brief, but still prevented me from getting back to sleep. As such, my ass was out of bed by 7. Damnit.

So I just called in a complaint about Crazy. That's the first time I've ever submitted a complaint about anything to anyone. But it turns out to be a good thing: apparently they had received a complaint last week from another resident. Unfortunately, the person who submitted the complaint thought it was the Superintedent who was Crazy (although I would never tell her so, the Super and Crazy look quite a bit alike). I was able to clarify this but emphatically stating "I am positive that it is the person who lives across the hall, as I can clearly hear every bloody thing she does". This clarification was good, as they had started an investigation into my Super (who is nice). I think I may have saved the Super's job.

All this, and its not even 10 am yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cleavers said...

Man, how much can happen in so little time. You've had me crying with laughter my dear. Crazy people, potatoes and brothers with (literally) their hearts on display.

I'm not sure I want to know you anymore. You are scary.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home