Tuesday, January 24, 2006

More Evidence I Don't Want to Work on My Talk

Instead, I waste my time taking internet quizzes. Take it yourself! See if you're as cool as I am (although I'm wondering: does it change my ranking if I am trying to figure out why the percentages don't add up? 69% of what I wonder?)

Modern, Cool Nerd
69 % Nerd, 69% Geek, 34% Dork
For The Record:



A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.



You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.



Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!



My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 76% on nerdiness
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 91% on geekosity
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 61% on dork points
Link: The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test written by donathos on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

69% NERD
17% GEEK
26% DORK

3:32 AM  
Blogger Murphy said...

I'm a pure nerd. Funny, when you consider that I took the test as a means of avoiding doing academic work!

Becky

5:15 AM  
Blogger Cleavers said...

Joe Normal

30% Nerd, 21% Geek, 13% Dork

How dull

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a pure nerd. I guess I've changed since the days of the earlier geek test (which said I was a poser). Apparently I'm less nerdy and geeky than other girls my age, and yet much dorkier. Woohoo socially inept!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Dr. Feelgood said...

69% nerd
39% geek
21% dork

I particularly like the question about "are you trying to figure out which questions relate to being a nerd/geek/dork?". Um, yes.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Dr. Feelgood said...

May I also point out that this test was clearly designed by someone with obvious nerdy tendencies. No wonder all the descriptions are so damn positive!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Anderson said...

Why am I scoring so high as a geek, I wonder? Surely Honey is as much of a geek as I. Good to know that I know so many nerds (with the exception of Cleavers of course).

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pure nerd:

65% NERD
13% GEEK
21% Dork

10:05 AM  
Blogger Dr. Feelgood said...

Anderson, I believe your geekiness rests in the definitions provided by the site, where your fascination with technology (gottahaveit and gottalorditoveryou are two traits I would focus on) put you far above us mere carbon-based mortals. That, and I've given up watching Star Trek. Otherwise I'd be right up there with you.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pure Nerd
56 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 21% Dork

Looks like I'm in the right crowd on this one.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Cleavers said...

/polishes her 'normal' crown

You guys are LUCKY to know me ;-)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Dr. Feelgood said...

Yeah Cleavers, it's a good thing you're around. We use you as a normal control in all the various experiments we run without your knowledge. Don't worry, we'll remove the implant when we're finished with you.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home