Friday, March 03, 2006

And it Just Keeps Getting Better...

Here's Leftie now (you can thank Michelle for showing me how to wrap my blog text around my uploaded pictures... man I've been doing things the hard way). As you can see, he's looking pretty sad. I don't think that Leggs is going to contact him to sport pantyhose in the new catalogue anytime soon. The good thing is that I am no longer on painkillers to keep him satiated. WOOHOO. Recovery is eminent. I should be good to go for going into school on Monday. Which is good, as I haven't done a lick of work since last week. But I think I have an excuse: I've been in a bit of fog for the past week and a half, and any work that I would have done would have been piss-poor at best. So might as well focus my energy on getting better, so that I can get back in the saddle on Monday. Kalloo - Kallee.

Also, since I'm off the painkillers, I am allowed to imbibe tomorrow. Sweet. This is what has been getting me through the week. Its going to be a fun, fun day, I tell you what. I may be slower than normal, but as I discovered last night, my tolerance level seems to have plummetted (after one glass of wine I was fuzzy), which should make for a good cheap day indeed.

The throng of well-wishers has just kept coming: Stink came on Wednesday and spent the afternoon keeping me occupied (i.e. helping me do my laundry). She was also here when I got the call from Russ, so that was good, as I was able to express my excitement to someone other than Eek. And I got some Chinese Food (God bless the banada soft cake), which is always a bonus. And a care package from Christine and the Eatons, which included a get well card from Abby and homemade cookies.

Yesterday, Chris and Vicki stopped by after their squash game. Each was sporting a button that said "Beat York". I wasn't on board. They thought I would laugh, but I was just confused. I blame the drugs. For some reason, I thought they were trying to get my goat, but all I could think was "Fuck yeah, kick York's ass". But now that the buttons are on my table, I'm laughing (OK, I'm a little slow). Maybe I'll put them on my backpack. Michelle showed up a few minutes later with ingredients for an absolutely fantabulous Green Curry, some of which remains in my Fridge and promises to make a most excellent lunch. We also got involved in "Deal or No Deal", a game show that Kevin expounded a few months ago. The ruck trying to make probabilistic decisions when millions of dollars are involved: always the recipe for a good diatribe amongst scientists.

And so today will be my last weekday at home. Joey and Pacey just informed Dawson that they have fallen in love, which of course makes my heart ache for Dawson. Tommy Boy is on right now (Fat guy in a little coat...). Phrilly is coming over tonight. That is my day.

I am also going to spend the day starting a list of things that I'm going to have to think about in the next 4 months. I called Russ yesterday to officially say 'yes', and we started to discuss my needs. I have already requested an iMac (woohoo!! Intel processor) and Matlab (apparently they have a site licence for Photoshop with the Marketing Folk... Phew, that saves $800). Also a list of journals I would like to see in the library. And a Mac for the testing room. Sweet.

I'm also going to have to start thinking of textbooks.

And other software that I will need.

And where I will live.

And when I will move.

And how I will get there.

And how I'm going to finish everything up here.

Fuck.

I need a drink.

Phrilly is not allowed to purchase Goldschlager for me, because I have already had one to celebrate Edmonton, as evidenced by the before:



and after:



images (I just found these and realized I had not yet given proof that Lynne actually DID buy shots the night we called). But tomorrow. Tomorrow. Ahhh... tomorrow.

Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home