Thursday, March 16, 2006

My New Shopping Obsession

As of about 7:00 pm this evening, I am going to be the proud new owner of a pair of black Chuck Taylor high tops. Since going and seeing the Subways on Saturday evening, I have not been able to get them out of my mind.

Many of you have experienced my shopping obsessions. Case in point: the pair of green corduroy Ikeda overalls that I HAD to have in 1998. I never found them, but did drag many people in and out of stores with lightening speed to try and find some. 2003 saw me go through my sand-coloured Ugg debaucle, which again, was never realized. I regret not owning a pair of proper Ugg knee highs to this day. I also spent quite a bit of time in 2004 looking for a tunic.

But I know that the black Chuck Taylors are going to be easy to find. They just have to be. I know that I've seen them in many sporting goods stores for several years, as I have always looked fondly at them and remembered my old red Chuck Taylors of yore. If I can't find them, I'm going to be rightly pissed. I'm already envisioning a roaring karaoke session this evening at Mayday's with my Chucks on my dogs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want an update! Did you buy the shoes?

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home