Wednesday, March 29, 2006

This is Worth a Second Blog

Jen has already blogged about this. But a movie like this comes around only a few times in one's lifetime, it really is worth as much promotion as possible.

This all started for me a couple of months ago when I got a mass email with the following promotional poster:



There wasn't much discussion in the text of the email regarding the joke that this poster was referring to, so I had to simply admit to myself that I didn't get it. "Why would somebody super-impose a picture of Sam Jackson with a plane? And then write shit all over it?" I thought to myself. Thinking that I was just too pedestrian to understand this decidedly cerebral mocking of Sam Jackson, I just let it go and forgot about it.

Months later, I discovered it's funny because it's true. 'Snakes on a Plane' is in fact a real movie starring Samuel L. Jackson due for release this summer. Apparently, there were discussions regarding the name: one was 'S. O. A. P.', which stands for 'Snakes on a Plane'. But apparently Sam Jackson got angry and said that when he signed up to do the movie, he was told it would be called 'Snakes on A Plane'. So. Snakes on A Plane it stayed. It has already won the award from S.A.G. for the worst movie of 2006 based on the promotional poster and plot summary alone.

I have been crying with laughter for the past 20 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home