Friday, May 19, 2006

The Witticisms of British UberGeek

SOMEONE:



was upset that I didn't include his second best line of all time in my VSS postmortem blog (The first occured in Boston with his advisor: I will let him tell that story). This occured when we were at Cha Cha Coconuts, and the UberGeeks had donned the MIB sunglasses. The exchange went like this:

British Ubergeek (to UberGeek): You know the difference between you and me?

UberGeek: What?

British UberGeek: These glasses make your data look good.

I thought it was more entertaining that while at Phillipe Creek (and after a few Tequilas), British UberGeek went up to one of the other patrons, who was also a Visionary (and a well known one at that) and had the following exchange:

British UberGeek: Hey! Aren't you Well Known Visionary?

Well Known Visionary (positively beaming after this Rock Star moment): Why yes! I am!

British UberGeek: Do you know how I know that?

Well Known Visionary: How?

British UberGeek: It's written on your nametag.

[Well Known Visionary looks down, and sees that he has travelled halfway across town still wearing his conference nametag. Crestfallen, he walks away with his head down, a slight breeze causing him to swing in the wind].

That's how it all went down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home